The Tallgrass Prairie in Illinois
Links to Prairie Web Sites
A Unit of the Tallgrass Prairie in Illinois Web Site.
Collated by Ken Robertson, Illinois Natural History Survey, Champaign, IL
- Information about the 21st North American Prairie Conference to be held 4 – 8 August 2008 in Winona, MN
- My own site on The Tallgrass Prairie in Illinois
- The Prairie Research Guide: An Annotated Guide to Prairie Resources from the Library of the Illinois Natural History Survey
- The comprehensive Prairie in Illinois website from the Illinois State Museum
- Prairies in the Prairie State from the Midewin National Tallgrass Prairie
- Fifty Years of Change in Illinois Hill Prairies . I co-authored this article that appeared in Erigenia: Journal of the Illinois Native Plant Society
- List of plant species for three Illinois blacksoil prairies . This list is based on unpublished data at the Illinois Natural History Survey.
- A beta version of a table of native prairie species for use along roadsides in Illinois
- List of plant species at Revis Hill Prairie, Mason County, Illinois.
- Don Gardner's Prairie Restoration Project
- Gallery of Illinois Plants by Dan Busemeyer, Illinois Natural History Survey
- Grand Prairie Friends of Illinois
- Illinois Native Plant Society
- The Klein Prairie Restoration, Murrayville, Illinois.
- The comprehensive natural community classification adopted for Illinois by the Illinois Natural Areas Inventory
- Prairie Flowers of Illinois by John Hilty
- Also see John Hilty's Insect Visitors of Prairie Wildflowers in Illinois
- A map showing the Natural Divisions of Illinois.
- The Illinois Plant Information Network (ILPIN), which allows the generation of species lists for every county in Illinois, distribution maps by county for all plant species in Illinois, and much other useful information about the plants of Illinois
- Links for Using Native Plants in the Landscape
- The complete text of Bill McClain's excellent booklet entitled Prairie Establishment and Landscaping
- On The Prairie from the Bell Museum of Natural History at the University of Minnesota
- The James Woodworth Prairie in Glenview, Illinois, is 5 acre remnant of a black soil tall-grass prairie owned and managed by The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC).
- A web site on Prairie Parcel Restoration from the Handbook of Engaged Learning Projects sponsored by Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory Education Office
- An innovative identification key for prairie plants at the Fermi Lab prairie
- Anderson Prairie Park, located just south of Pana, is a 25-acre prairie remnant that is being restored to its pre-settlement condition.
- Peck Farm Park in Geneva, Illinois has an ongoing prairie restoration. Select "Parks and Facilities" from the menu.
- Prairies Forever, a nonprofit organization in St. Louis, Missouri dedicated to promoting the ecological and cultural significance of the American prairie through education, outreach, and public engagement
- Save the Prairie Society's Page featuring Wolf Road Prairie
- Nachusa Grassland, Lee and Ogle counties, Illinois, owned by The Nature Conservancy
- The Indian Boundary Prairies, Cook County, Illinois, owned by The Nature Conservancy.
- The Illinois Prairie Page
- The New Midewin National Tallgrass Prairie, Will County, Illinois
- The Edge of the Prairie--Sand Prairies and Sand Savannas of the Chicago Region
- Lake-in-the-Hills Fen, in McHenry County, Illinois; this a wonderfully diverse place!
- The Wild Ones Homepage
- The prairie page from the Chicago Academy of Sciences, including a list of threatened and endangered Illinois prairie species.
- Sierra Club's Great North American Prairie Ecoregion
- Meadowbrook Park's Prairie Restoration Project in Urbana, Illinois
- Younghusband Prairie in Cook County, Illinois
- The Great Plains Nature Center
- The Fire Effects Information page of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service's page on Fire Management
- The Prairie Enthusiasts
- Iowa Prairie Network
- Mike Haddock's web page entitled: Kansas Wildflowers and
- The Noble Foundation's Plant Image Gallery
- The Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve that is being developed in the Flint Hills region of Kansas
- Friends of The Prairie Learning Center, Neal Smith National Wildlife Refuge near Prairie City, Iowa
- Center for Grassland Studies, University of Nebraska
- Landscaping with Native Plants from the US Environmental Protection Agency
- Baker Prairie (northwestern Arkansas)
- Konza Prairie (Kansas)
- The Ivan Boyd Prairie Preserve, which is just east of Baldwin City, Kansas
- Prairie Restoration and Resource Guide (Texas)
- Northern Prairie Wildlife Research Center (North Dakota)
Last updated 26 February 2007.
Continue with "The Tallgrass Prairie in Illinois"
Return to Ken Robertson's homepage
The URL for the page you are viewing is "http://www.inhs.uiuc.edu/~kenr/prairielinks.html"